PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 8 mins
- one 9oz package of fresh, refrigerated tri-color cheese tortellini
- one package of fresh mozzarella balls [marinated or regular]
- one pint/package of grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- fresh basil leaves
The above measurements are simply a jumping off point; use as much or as little as you need! ❤ This dish comes together in a matter of minutes and is perfect for a last minute meal or an impromptu side dish for a summer BBQ or party!
If your local grocery store has an antipasto bar with fresh, marinated mozzarella balls, those will work gloriously too! You can even use a regular block of whole milk mozzarella cheese and marinate it in some extra homemade [[or even store bought!] Italian dressing if you’d like! It’s super customizable and so delicious!
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add your tortellini and reduce heat to gently cook the pasta to either tender or al-dente according to package directions.
- Grab a noodle to taste-test and remove from heat.
- Strain/drain in a colander and run under cold water to halt the cooking process and prevent soggy noodles.
- Transfer into a medium-large serving bowl along with mozzarella balls, tomatoes, and basil.
- Pour in dressing and toss to coat.
- Dig in!